Learning how to make out properly is one of the best things you can do to improve the quality of your intimate relationships and have more fun in life.
A good make out session doesn't just have to be a lead up to sex (although it
does make for an excellent part of foreplay) - when you're skilled at making
out, this on its own can be an intimate and highly enjoyable experience. In fact,
you don't even need to be skilled - you just need the most important one of the
making out tips we're presenting here. Please read on ...
How Do You Make Out?
The first thing to remember when you're entering your make out
session is this: Relax, be aware and sensitive and go with the
flow in a flexible manner.
Okay, so that's three things,
but really those are the all important things. The rest are
just technicalities. Yes, those count, too, but if you can
relax, be sensitive and go flexibly with the flow you hardly
need to know much more about how to make out well, because
your making out session WILL most likely go well!
Do NOT Have a Goal or a Target for Your Make Out Session
Firstly and very importantly, please, PLEASE drop having a goal or a
target for your make out session. Many men, for instance, who want
to know how to make out well, tend to aim for what is sometimes
called second base (heavy petting) and third base (sexual
intercourse a.k.a. coitus a.k.a. fucking). Well ...
Having a goal like that will almost ensure that
you (and your partner) do NOT have a great make out session.
Since you're wondering how to make out, please know that you really
need to relax and let go of any and all goals you might have for
your make out session. This is one of the most important making out
tips we can give you!
Making out Tips: Be Sensitive and Go with the Flow
A very important part of relaxing is this: Your trust in yourself. Self esteem and self confidence, in other words. They're really good to have. But you don't actually need them. No kidding! You don't need skills that give you self confidence, and you don't even need self esteem.
Rather you need the second and third parts of the above mentioned most important piece of making out advice: Be aware and sensitive. Plus flexible and willing to follow impulses (go with the flow).
You need to be sensitive BOTH to what's happening inside yourself AND to what's happening with your partner in the making out session.
Notice all the little signs: The hesitation, the flow of energy, passion and lust, the movements of you and your making out partner's body, their breathing and yours, the way and places he or she touches you, etc. etc.
You don't have to actually DO anything about what you notice, just notice it. Then, if you feel compelled to act, just act.
Making Out Tips: Set Your State of Mind to Allow Mistakes
Next you will probably benefit from a mental state of mind where you allow yourself to make "errors" or "mistakes". That's actually part of the third part of the most-important of the making out tips, above (relax, be sensitive and go with the flow in a flexible manner) - the go with the flow and be flexible bit.
DO NOT worry about making mistakes. Just do whatever comes to mind, notice what happens and be willing to change your course of action at a second's notice.
For example: If you think you're a bad kisser, first of all stop beating yourself up. You're probably not as bad as you think, and the more pressure you put on yourself and negative thought loops you run, the harder you'll find it to improve.
This is actually a general principle that applies to any sexual contact - if you don't believe you're pleasing your partner, you probably won't. Confidence matters, sure, but trust and attention (be sensitive) matters even more. No matter what happens everything is going to be okay. Know that. And relax. Self-doubt leads to self-fulfilling prophecies.
How to Make Out Well? Do it! Train!
You know what? People who know to make out well weren't just born that way. Kissing techniques can be learned just like any other skill. The best kissers are usually just the ones who had the most practice while growing up!
Let's talk about the mechanics of how to make out for a minute. How do you make out with someone? I'm assuming here that you've already made out with the person before (for tips on kissing someone for the first time, refer to the final paragraph of this page).
Concrete Making Out Tips - Learn How to Make Out Well
When learning how to make out well, you may benefit from the following seven making out tips:
1. Being comfortable is important. Sit or lie down so that you're both in comfortable positions. If one of you is straining or sitting in an awkward position, it will make the experience less enjoyable. Making out in bed is an excellent choice. Just make sure your're NOT making out in bed for the goal or purpose of it leading to intercourse.
2. Start slowly. This is probably the biggest area where people mess up they get carried away and try to push their tongue down the other person's throat. Instead, you should start off slowly and kiss with the lips only. Let the kiss progress naturally if your mouths both start to open on their own, you can introduce some tongue to the kiss.
3. Don't overdo it with the tongue. Don't push it out too far, and it shouldn't constantly be in your makeout partner's mouth. Use your tongue for effect, then take it away again.
4. Some people just don't like tongue. Try to gauge your partner's reaction to anything you try. Do more of what gets a good response and less of what gets a lukewarm or bad response.
5. Variation is important. Switch it up between softly kissing the lips, using your tongue, full open-mouthed kissing, and so on. Don't just do one thing the whole time.
6. Don't forget to breathe! You can breathe through your nose, but when things get intense that might not be practical. Just stop for a few seconds and look into your partner's eyes while you take a few breaths.
7. You body and feelings are your best guide on how to make out. Let your passion come through the kiss. Ideally, you don't want to be thinking about techniques or processes while you're actually making out. Let your attraction to your partner take over and let it show through. Use your hands stroke their face or cradle the back of their head. Run your hands up and down their back in a slow massaging motion. Get your whole body involved.
Extra Making Out Tips: Planning a Make Out Session
Making out is often spontaneous, but a bit of planning on a date can make the experience more romantic. Again, think of comfort do you have a good place at your house to make out? A comfortable couch in your living room, for instance? Having a sitting position that makes kissing feel natural helps a lot. You can also add some ambience to the environment with candles and incense.
Final Making Out Tips: for First-Time Kisses
How do you approach making out with someone you haven't actually kissed yet? Again, the key is to take things slow. Keep in mind that there's often no real perfect' moment to kiss someone for the first time. Real life is not like Hollywood romance movies.
Generally, if you've been hanging out and both having fun on a date and you seem to have chemistry, you can go ahead and try for the kiss. And yes, it's perfectly fine for a girl to initiate the kiss with a guy. In fact, most guys appreciate it when a girl makes a physical move.
Comfort and body position is especially important for a first kiss this is really the most important making out tip here. If you've barely touched each other or you try to lunge in from too far away, it will be awkward. The kiss should be initiated after you've been sitting together in close contact for a while sitting next to each other on a couch watching a movie, for instance.
How to Make Out: Final Making Out Tips
Just to repeat ... The most important thing to you need to know about how to make out is this:
Relax, be aware and sensitive and go with the flow in a flexible manner.
Do that one thing (or: those 3 things) and your make out session is almost guaranteed to be a success. Good luck. :-)
: And why not have fun, too? Humor and sex (humor n sex) go really well together. Having fun and otherwise enjoying your moment of wonderful togetherness is what it is all about!